A treadmill test is an advanced preventive screening for detecting heart disease. A TMT helps assess how well your heart responds during times when it is working the hardest. At Royal Care Diagnostics, we are well-resourced with cutting-edge equipment and expert lab personnel to conduct a treadmill test efficiently.
What is a TMT?
A treadmill test (TMT) or cardiac stress test helps determine how far your heart can go before an abnormal rhythm or blood flow to the heart muscle drops. It helps your doctor know how your heart responds on being pushed. You will be asked to walk on a treadmill, and the difficulty level will be gradually increased. Throughout, your ECG, heart rate and blood pressure are tracked to assess heart health.
TMT helps in:
- Assessing unexplained but steady chest pain and determine if the cause is coronary artery disease
- Assessing if there are abnormal heart rhythms
- Evaluating the effectiveness of therapy or medication for chest pain or irregular heartbeat
- Checking whether sufficient blood flows to your heart as you get more active
- Checking how well your heart valves are working
- Checking whether the arteries have re-narrowed after angioplasty, especially if there is chest pain or other symptoms
- Detecting if symptoms such as fainting, palpitations or dizziness are related to heart disease
- Determining the ability of the heart to withstand exercise in persons who have heart disease, have had a heart attack or heart surgery
- Developing a safe exercise routine
- Screening for CAD (Coronary Artery Disease) in a person with no symptoms, especially if the individual is prone to CAD